WHAT WE REQUIRE
As tenants we face ever increasing rents, weak legal protection and insecurity. That is why we will meet regularly and gradually improve our situation. What are our goals?
- We want to end back-to-back short-term contracts
- Rent levels should be set fairly – for example, according to price maps like in Germany
- We also call for the taxation of empty flats and the regulation of AirBnB
- We demand that the burden of increased energy costs not be borne by tenants and that cities and the state start supporting non-profit forms of housing
- We have even more similar systemic goals – ending housing discrimination, allowing tenant unions, or mandating a portion of municipal housing in new developments